Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

12. Ventosa to Belorado 18/7/12


I woke to beautiful classical music playing.  It was a bit earlier than I would have chosen to wake up as it was only about 6 or 6.30.  A German guy I had dinner with a couple of nights later had also stayed in the same place and told me he loved everything about the place – except the music. He said it was too religious for him! I loved it.

I had a good coffee and a couple of cigs in the garden with the German woman and daughter and then headed on my way.

The ride was lovely. Here are some pics. 







I stopped a couple of times to chat with other pilgrims and have something to eat and drink.


The little coffee shops have yummy things to choose from

At this stop I had a marinated seafood salad, stuffed pickle (below) and gazpacho soup



I was knackered when I got to Belorado and the lovely hospitalero gave me one of the two single beds in the place.  The albergue was a private one and had a great garden and covered swimming pool.  I had a shower and bought some beer to have in the garden but it was too hot so went to my bed as it was much cooler in the dorm room - and promptly fell asleep. 

I ate dinner with some lovely young German and French people and then after a round of snaps we had drinks in the garden – but at 10pm we were ushered back inside as it was time to lock up. It wasn’t even dark at that time and we still had drinks so were like little children and went to the balcony off our dorm’s bathroom to drink and smoke.  We had a few complaints from the people trying to sleep.  We were all a bit drunk and eventually decided we’d better go to bed.  

Fernando the lovely hosteler

The restaurant in the albergue

Drinks in the garden after dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment